While most of you are well aware of my philosophy for health. The summary is that it’s key to shift your energy from stress to nourishment. More sex, more healthy food, more connection, more creativity, more mature, more laughter, and more hugs. While many of you agree with my healthy philosophy, the question that I’m most often asked is how to fit it into an already over-scheduled life.
If you’re in Connecticut, you can watch me this weekend on Good Morning Connecticut, on ABC channel 8. Last time I appeared as a guest on their show I discussed a few of my simple tips for having more energy.
This Saturday, in the 7am hour, I will be chatting with Jeff Vallin about how understanding your natural hormone cycles can give you a leg up at work, in school, and in your relationships. This one has some tips for the guys too!
Today, I’m going to give you even more tips about getting vibrant energy, clear skin, and a healthy libido, which are easy, low-hanging fruit that you can start doing today.
Here are my top 10 tips for being hormonally healthy when life gets in the way!
- Eyeball your plate. It should be half full of veggies + some clean protein + some healthy fat. Repeat 3-4 times daily. Done.
- Turn off your laptop by 9pm. 8pm is even better.
- Before you get out of bed. Sit for 3 minutes. Close your eyes and mouth, exhale and inhale. Keep returning your mental focus to your belly. It should feel like a balloon filling with air on each inhale and collapsing on each exhale. Just 3 minutes.
- Walk barefoot outside as much as possible.
- Hug your family, or anyone else. Kissing is even better. (Dr. Gottfried has said that at least 8 hugs daily gives the most beneficial according to recent research on the benefits of oxytocin, a key “feel-good” hormone.)
- Drink half of your body weight in ounces of water each day. Don’t drink anything else.
- Whenever possible, don’t sit. Stand, jump, run, do push-ups, or lie down. Just don’t sit.
- Have a green smoothie with your breakfast.
- Use very simple skincare and make-up routine. Wash, moisturize, mineral-based powder, blush, mascara, and lip gloss. Done. Use only natural products. Dr. Bronner’s, Burt’s Bees, and Sari Motley Brand are a few of my favorites.
- Before you go to bed each night. Dump everything out of your brain into a journal. Then say Thanks for at least 3 gifts in your precious life. (Even if finding 3 is nearly impossible.)
Even if this week will be crazy, and busy for you. Do a few of these 10 things. You will look and feel better for it.