It’s breast cancer awareness month. In honor of all of my friends and patients who have battled cancer, today I want to talk about cancer prevention. (For those of you who have battled cancer and won! Let’s prevent that cancer from ever coming back!)
Let’s focus on the good news. You have the power to create an environment within your body, within your cells, where cancer does not like to live. You have some very powerful tools available to you to make your body much less habitable for cancer.
While it can be more complex than this, let’s start with a few keys to keeping your body cancer free…
- Cancer likes acidic environments.
- Cancer likes anaerobic environments.
- Cancer can be weakened by antioxidants.
Here’s a tip for each of these keys…
- Since cancer likes an acidic environment, keep your body alkaline. How?
- Drink water with lemon, all day, every day.
- Eat tons of leafy greens. Tons!
- Drink diluted apple cider vinegar at the beginning of each meal (approximately 1 Tbsp of raw apple cider vinegar to 8 Tbsp of water.)
- Cancer likes anaerobic environments. So, keep your beautiful body aerobic.
- How? Exercise! Walk, yoga, or even just breathe deeply every day.
- Cancer can be weakened by antioxidants. This one’s a little bit trickier. It doesn’t work to just blast your body with Vitamin C and E (and other antioxidant) supplements. First, you must be sure to keep your body alkaline, or some of these antioxidants can turn on you. (Review #1.) Then, eat lots of colors every day. Some powerhouse antioxidants to enjoy this fall… turmeric, oregano, mushrooms, butternut squash and sweet potato. Yum.
Eating foods made with leafy greens, lemon, apple cider, deep orange squashes, turmeric, oregano, and mushrooms are some of the most delicious ways to keep cancer away in the fall.
Isn’t that tasty medicine?
Here are some fall recipes to repel cancer in your body! Enjoy!